Ragging is totally prohibited in the institution, and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with the UGC Regulations as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force.
- As per the regulations issued by the University Grants Commission, Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or in disciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
- In pursuance to the judgement of the honourable Supreme Court of India dated: 08/05/2009, in Civil Appeal No. 887/2009, the University Grants Commission has framed UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions 2009, which have been notified on 4th July 2009, in the Gazette of India, those found guilty will be awarded one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- All students of the college shall be required to execute an online undertaking in the format prescribed by the UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions 2009, as per the instructions given on the website https://antiragging.in, and submit the necessary details to the college, as and when demanded by the college authorities.
For lodging any complaint relating to anti-ragging, the student can lodge the same on the email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly mentioning the Name, Address, Class, Division, Roll No. and student identification number (SAP Id) of the complainant.
ANTI RAGGING AND DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in the college.
- The committee works for the prevention of ragging and is also responsible for maintaining discipline in the college.
- Any complaint about ragging is brought in to the notice of Anti ragging committee which takes cognizance of the matter and takes immediate actions.
Composition of Anti Ragging and Discipline Committee
For this a committee has been formed by the institution. In case of any problem, please contact Coordinators of this committee-
Name of the Member
Dr. Arun Kumar Dubey
Ms. Manisha Sahu
Mrs. Pooja Dev
Mr. Jay Kumar Khatri
Mr. Manish Jain
Mr. Shriram Yadav
Boys Hostel Warden
Mrs. Shampa Dhargupta
Girls Hostel Warden
Mr. H. L. Yadav
Mr. Rajiv Patel
Mr. Shivsankar Sarwa
- College Helpline Number for Reporting the Ragging: Arun Kumar Dubey (Principal) 8871888999
- Anti-Ragging Helpline: email@example.com
- National Anti-Ragging Free Helpline No.: 1800-180-5522 (24×7 Toll free)